Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) is seeking a Junior Water Resources Engineer to take on exciting and challenging positions with to join our Western Canadian Infrastructure Group in Vancouver.
The successful candidates will join our unique team of professionals engaged in consulting and design and be responsible for a variety of tasks which could include:
- performing hydrological modelling and data management and analysis (peak flow, mean flows, precipitation);
- undertaking open channel hydraulics computations;
- providing input to river engineering designs;
- conducting hydraulic structures assessment and design;
- assisting with construction inspection/monitoring;
- assisting with project reporting.
- undertaking field work in remote areas (as needed).
Working with the Wood team will offer the successful candidates the opportunity to get involved in many unique and interesting projects throughout western Canada, to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary teams and to develop technical skills and experience within a wide variety of engineering situations.
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (with experience or focus on water resources, dams, hydraulic structures, river engineering or water management),
- Must be eligible for registration as an Engineer-in-Training with EGBC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential as is being familiar with word processing and spreadsheets.
- The candidates should be able to work in a group setting, as well as independently on specific tasks.
- Knowledge of engineering software like HEC-RAS, graphic presentation software packages and other drawing programs are an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.