Skills: Production Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
The Pump Engineer works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for project execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performance, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-task as essential skills. Performance in the complex design criteria for high pressure plunger pumps, testing and evaluation, field testing and interfacing with manufacturing are all critical focus areas for the Pump Engineer.
- Play a major role in the design, development, testing, construction, and commissioning of best-in-class plunger pumps to serve for new and existing oil & gas markets.
- Play a similar role in revision and/or modification of existing pumping solutions to meet new or changing customer requirements.
- Pumping solutions to be developed are for demanding upstream oil & gas applications, both offshore and onshore, and must meet high performance, reliability, and safety standards under challenging environmental conditions around the globe. Develops pump components, such as valves, seats, plungers, power train components, and/or sensors to drive performance, reliability, and safety metrics.
- Works individually and as part of a team supporting existing products, testing, and evaluating equipment, performing mechanical failure analysis, and providing technical assistance as needed within the Operations, Engineering and Manufacturing environments.
- Creates statistical or mathematical models to use in analyses or computer modeling simulations. Collects and analyzes data to identify trends and relationships. Prepares and presents research results to engineers, managers, and clients.
- Interprets design specifications and supports concept, design, documentation, fatigue analysis, fabrication and testing of pumps.
- Leads and assists in analytical evaluation of high-pressure plunger pump designs for structural, fluid flow, vibration, corrosion, and erosion with creation of component and next higher assembly designs and ensures compliance to manufacturability, material, and job specification requirements.
- Delivers innovative ideas by examining alternate techniques/approaches and providing intellectual property recommendations for Halliburton when needed.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis activities and assesses their application to projects, processes, and testing.
- Ensures all components are Designed for Manufacturability (DFM) utilizing a system approach that simultaneously considers all design goals and constraints for products that will be manufactured.
- Collaborates with other engineering disciplines about standards and techniques for calculations.
- Guides others and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria, develops test specifications and evaluates application of HSE techniques during the design process.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred
- Completion of a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline, preferably within the off-highway or upstream oil & gas industry.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 127741
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.