Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for Senior and Principal Renewable Energy consultants to join its advisory services team focusing on Solar PV projects.
The Renewables centre of excellence is based in Glasgow; however, we recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications throughout the UK.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Our Senior and Principal Renewable Energy C onsultants (S/PRECs) project manage a portfolio of due diligence assignments, assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of our clients. Through a collaborative approach with multi - discipline teams, the S/PREC will produce a professional and detailed report exacting the client ' s requirements.
As the S/PREC you will be the main focal point for the client , ensuring any challenges that arise are dealt with directly and developing strong relationships to play a part in the successful financing of the project, and continued growth for the Renewables business.
As a PREC you will also be responsible for supporting with the mentoring and development of other consultants within the team, ensuring the knowledge and experience you have is shared to support in the future growth of the team and industry.
Our Clients and Projects
It's a future for all of us . We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Our clients are world class banks and investors, who are committed to financing renewable energy projects worldwide. Our work takes the form of bank financing for development stage projects, or it could be advising buy, or sell-side clients looking to invest or divest from renewables projects, at any stage in the project lifecycle. We advise clients as they navigate through transactions, which are making the energy transition possible.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and I nclusion ; we are a n organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive s alary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance ; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to c ontinued p rofessional d evelopment; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global c onnections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you , review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
- Deliver solar projects to clients, providing engineering input from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance and operation monitoring (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders, with a primary focus on solar PV projects
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within the UK and globally
- Supporting the development of proposals to secure new work
- Disseminate knowledge to team members and provide oversight of their project delivery work
- Technical assessment of PV products and devices
- Promote Wood's solar services in a business development role as a seller/doer
- Act as main interface and manage the relationship with key clients
- Responsibility for the financial performance of any projects managed
- Ensure continuing professional development
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
Please see below the requirements that we typically seek for the position. We are not expecting candidates to have everything, and this is not an exhaustive list. If you feel you have relevant experience and qualifications even if they are not a 100% match, then please do apply.
- Educated to degree level in engineering or another subject complementary to working in technical due diligence
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Demonstrable team management experience (PREC)
- Demonstrable experience in working on solar due diligence assignments internationally
- Deep understanding of the technical aspects of solar PV projects and contract documents (EPC, O&M, MSA, GSA, PPA etc)
- Understanding of commercial aspects of solar projects (including project finance)
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products
- Masters degree in renewable energy with modules on solar power
- Solar contract negotiation skills
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk
- Prior experience in solar PV yield prediction software, e.g. PVSYST
- Experience in hybrid projects (solar with battery energy storage/wind/diesel and sizing software)
- Ability to speak a second language
- Valid driving licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.