Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood is recruiting an Engineering Designer/Draftsperson for our Civil Engineering group in our Durham or Wilmington, North Carolina offices. This individual will be part of our Infrastructure Design Service Line that supports erosion and sediment control, stormwater management, dam maintenance and similar needs of our long-term local client base in the Energy Sector. The position relies heavily on the ability to work in a team environment combined with technical experience using Autodesk Civil 3D to develop grading and other civil engineering designs. As an engineering designer, you will be responsible for production of bidding and construction drawings for civil design projects. Anticipated workload will support regional pursuits and active projects.
Key Responsibilities :
- Coordinate with senior engineering staff, junior team members, project stakeholders and other disciplines to manage an organized approach to project execution
- Create permit drawings for erosion and sediment control measures in compliance with state requirements
- Develop site and stormwater grading designs using Civil 3D
- Prepare construction plans for grading designs and supporting infrastructure using Civil 3D
- Prepare plan & profile drawings for permitting and construction of open channel hydraulic structures, closed conduit utilities and roadways.
- Evaluate design options, outlet conditions and understand cost/benefit of solutions
- Evaluate civil engineering designs for completeness based regulatory requirements and client needs
- Design improvements to regulated impoundments and dam facilities to support maintenance needs and to respond to changing field conditions.
- Prepare permit applications and respond to agency (owner) comments in design
Skills / Qualifications
The individual is expected to have :
- Post-secondary education and/or certification in drafting using Autodesk Civil 3D
- 2-10 years of technical engineering design experience, and a minimum of two years of experience with erosion and sediment control, site grading and stormwater management in North Carolina
- Highly proficient with recent versions of AutoCAD Civil3D
- Working knowledge of Microstation is preferred
- Experience with Bentley drafting software is optional
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to coordinate efforts in multi-disciplined work
- Time management skills to monitor project's critical path
- Adhere to corporate/office standards for safety and quality of work
- Set a high standard for product excellence
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.