Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of a Senior Transportation (Roadway) Designer. The position will report to our Southeastern Florida or Kennesaw Georgia offices.
Wood's Kennesaw Georgia location is a leader in the Transportation industry, serving federal, state, and local DOTs. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. The Kennesaw Transportation Engineering team also supports other offices throughout North America, working not only on Transportation projects, but other related disciplines as well. These projects include significant design-build opportunities, as well as traditional design-bid-build designs. We are looking for an experienced Roadway Designer who can work within a design team.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity offering technical challenges, project leadership and potential for growth within a large, diverse, and dynamic firm offering solutions to local and international clients.
- Responsible for performing roadway or highway design tasks for projects of moderate to large size and complexity under the supervision and guidance of highly qualified senior transportation engineers
- Technical assignments may include roadway and highway geometrics, drainage system design, traffic analysis and design, barrier warrant analyses, maintenance of traffic, municipal engineering, general civil/site development and other related tasks
- Designs will be performed primarily with the use of MicroStation InRoads, Geopak, and Open Roads 3-D modelling software with knowledge and ability to prepare plans in AutoCAD as well
- Additional assignments will include developing preliminary design studies and Project Reports, preparing specifications, completing quantity take-offs, and checking design computations
- Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to work collaboratively and communicate as part of a diverse design team
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Degree Required, preferablya BS Civil Engineering Technology or BS in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve engineering problems
- Strong computer skills with MicroStation, Geopak Open Roads 3D Modeler, SS4 Software, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word as a minimum
- Experience with GDOT design policies preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a plus
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment and initiative
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.