Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Research & Development, Design Engineer, Cementing
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Halliburton Energy Services - Technology Division
Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 40,000 employees in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the life cycle of the reservoir, from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field.
To provide world-class technology to the energy industry, Halliburton designs its own leading-edge equipment and tools . Halliburton's Equipment Design Groups provide the following key technologies in the research, design, development, and support of its specialized well servicing equipment: Mechanical Equipment Design, Mixing/Blending and Material Transport Systems, Control Systems, Pumping and High Pressure Systems, Coiled Tubing, Materials (metals, coatings, and elastomers), Fabrication and Structural Design, Hydraulic Systems, Powertrain and Cooling Systems, and Design for Manufacture & Assembly, involving knowledge and use of various Computer Aided Engineering applications such as Finite Element Analysis, Dynamic Modeling, and Computational Fluid Dynamics, in conjunction with 3-D solid modeling. Conception to commercialization development philosophy exposes the Mechanical Design Engineers to all aspects of new product development including design, manufacturing/production, lab/field testing, marketing/commercialization, and sustaining.
Recognized as innovators in the industry, Halliburton's Research and Technology engineers are responsible for designing the thousands of patented tools and technologies applied in field locations each day in locations all over the world
- Play a major role in the design, development, construction and commissioning of large-scale, industrial equipment solutions for new oil & gas markets
- Play a similar role in revision, modification and/or repackaging of existing equipment solutions to meet new or changing customer requirements.
- Equipment solutions to be developed are for demanding upstream oil & gas applications, both offshore and onshore, and must meet high performance, reliability and safety standards under challenging environmental conditions around the globe.
- May act as project technical leader, supervising development of the general arrangement (layout) of all equipment for the target applications and the oversight of all technology, such that all sub-systems operate together for a high quality, functional system.
- Develops sub-systems or components, such as process pumps, piping systems, fluid power systems, power train systems, and/or structures.
- Under general supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development.
- Independently processes data, writes engineering reports, and conducts diagnosis of routine hardware malfunctions.
- Contributes with reliability analysis such as risk assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis by compiling and examining data.
- Identifies the testing requirement at a system level with the emphasis on complying with test standards and Halliburton's Health, Safety, and Environment procedures.
- Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by preparing Invention Disclosures and recognizing ideas that have Intellectual Property potential without disclosing confidential information.
- Coordinates with project leads to produce project deliverables by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Develops relationships through excellent communication skills and acts as a key resource to provide innovative solutions.
- May participate in professional societies in area of specialization. Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum educational requirement of a master's degree and zero years' experience or bachelor's degree and two or more years' related experience.
- Experience within the off-highway or offshore oil & gas industry preferred.
- Working in packaging/unitizing equipment is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of classical and/or digital engineering analysis methods.
- Needs to have experience in the development of a variety of systems and components, such as process pumps, piping systems, fluid power systems, power train systems, and/or structures.
Desired Qualifications: (experience)
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Design
- Mechanical Power and Drive Train Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Coded Pressure Vessel Design
- DOT Vehicle Bridge Law Design
- Third Party Certification Design
- Pneumatic Bulk Flow Analysis and Design
- Coded Welding Design
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given experience and skills, additional job requirements, and/or business needs. Depending on this criteria, opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 122956
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.