Skills: Project Management, Geologist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Project Archaeologist/Project Manager for a full-time position which can be based in our London, Richmond Hill, or Burlington, Ontario offices.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of experienced consulting archaeologists. The job offers opportunities to work on a variety of projects throughout Ontario and the opportunity to develop new skills and further career advancement. The position involves mostly office and some field-based responsibilities.
- Research, prepare, and submit proposals for a variety of archaeological projects;
- Completion of Stage 1 to 4 Archaeological Assessment reports;
- Project management, including client and stakeholder communications, organizing and monitoring support staff;
- Supervision, training and mentorship of junior staff members;
- Assisting with all aspects of archaeological requirements aligned with the Ontario Heritage Act and MHSTCI standards;
- Data analysis and report writing;
- Interacting with clients, government personnel and Indigenous Nations
- Ability to travel and work on projects involving hotel stays, if required
- Fieldwork supervision, as required on a project basis.
Skills / Qualifications
- Research License in good standing from the MHSTCI;
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- 5+ years' experience in consulting archaeology in Ontario (Stage 1 - 4 AA), with at least 2 year' experience supervising projects
- Capable of delivering quality work in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision;
- Able to follow and implement both technical and safety training and instructions during fieldwork;
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements, and to carry out frequent and rigorous manual labor (e.g., hand shoveling, troweling)
- Must be able to lift to 40 lbs. and be capable of repetitive movement of shoveling and screening soil/earth
- Field Directing skills and experience, including setting up archaeology grids and map reading
- Identification of archaeological artifacts in the field
- Able and interested in both field and office-based tasks
- Analysis of artifacts and interpretation of data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to obtain Provincial and Federal Security Clearance;
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy (MVR);
- A valid Canadian driver's license;
- Experience with high-precision survey equipment considered an asset
- Experience with the identification and excavation of human remains considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.