Skills: Structural Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR) an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering Mobile Robotics has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Mobile Robotics (OMR).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Oceaneering Engineering Rotational Program (OERP) is a two year program that gives engineering graduates and early-career engineers who are currently based in the Netherrlands, the opportunity to work in various Oceaneering service l ines and job functions. Engineers will experience four different full-time assignments within four different roles in the company. The focus of the program is to develop the next generation of technical leaders by exposing engineers in the program to a broad range of roles, functions, and industries, in a short amount of time . Participants will work directly with senior engineering staff, mentors, peers, and other employees who will contribute to their career development through on-the-job, informal, and formal development. Upon successful completion of the program, the participants will be given a permanent assignment based on their skills, desires, and the needs of the business.
- Overall responsibilities may involve conceptual design work, engineering analysis, writing or reviewing technical proposals, equipment evaluations and sourcing.
- Provides direct support to Engineering Manager/Project Manager/Project Engineers as assigned during each rotation.
- Writes or reviews technical proposals, work instructions, procedures, and specifications.
- Conducts initial conceptual design work based on project design basis.
- Contributes in design of new products and techniques, modifies existing designs and techniques, improves installation techniques, and develops test procedures.
- Performs equipment evaluations, sourcing, and potential supplier selections.
- Evaluates project design basis data to determine feasibility of equipment and/or services being proposed.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering, analysis, and design related tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will initially report to the Director of the Engineering Center of Excellence (ECOE). Upon placement into a rotation, the employee will report to a local engineering or functional manager as applicable.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Bachelor's or master's degree from one of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical, Marine, Mechanical, Ocean, Systems, Structural , Computer Science, or equivalent
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills, time management, multitasking, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are necessary
- Currently based in the Netherlands
- Prior university internships in engineering
- Coursework, project work, or job experience that demonstrates an ability to think at a higher level and act systematically to identify problems, requirements, and solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work with customers to understand needs and make sure our products meet their needs.
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.