Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bishop, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for an Ironworker Helper to join our team in Bishop, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with basic rigging knowledge for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position.
- Pull, push or pry steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level. Bolts align members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
- Load, transport, unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positions and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
Skills / Qualifications
Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.