Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bishop, Texas, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for an Instrument Technician to join our team in Bishop, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in instrumentation and control systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate understanding of unit's stability as it pertains to the relationship between the instruments, process and analyzer.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of mechanical and process systems.
- Demonstrate ability to check flows, pressures and temperatures of the sample system.
- Demonstrate ability to safely monitor and repair sample systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill required to accurately operate on various types of test equipment available on sites.
- Demonstrate skill in instrument reapplications.
- Demonstrate ability to design and construct complex sample systems including wiring, conduit, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all codes, standards, application manuals, and publications.
- Demonstrate planning capabilities in coordinating work with other technicians.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School/Equivalent.
- May be required to have a TEXAS Electrical license if working in the State of Texas.
- 1 -2 years as an Instrument Tech helper/apprentice or related electrical/instrumentation field.
- 1 -2 years as Instrument Tech journeyman level.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.