Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for Senior Principal Offshore Structural Engineer's on a contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible to provide and support structural engineering activities to Wood projects currently under way, as well as acting as originator for selected engineering deliverables (specifications, procedures, SACS computer analyses, calculations, 2D drawings, MTOs and structural design reports), whilst following all operational procedures. The role will be based in Staines.
- Coordinates with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the above
- Supervision of a team of engineers responsible delivering a technical solution for part of the works
- Responsible for technical direction, checking and progress reporting
- Performs preliminary sizing for structural members to provide preliminary input to Structural 3D and 2D modelling
- Prepares structural computer models using SACS for primary steel geometry and loadings, and undertakes structural analyses for all anticipated operating, installation, transportation, loadout and fabrication conditions
- Ensures structural compliance with structural specifications as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Prepares structural engineering input for secondary and tertiary steel design, prepares structural design sketches for input to 3D modelling/ 2D drawing production and prepares computed aided or hand calculations for justification of structural configuration for compliance with specifications and relevant design codes
- Prepares or checks structural design reports to fully document structural primary and secondary steel design to demonstrate compliance with design codes and specifications
- Undertakes structural weight estimation for input into the project weight report
- Reviews relevant client provided and vendor data for structural implications and requirements
- Reports on work status / problem areas / needs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Experience in a Lead engineering position on previous projects
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
- Experience in Jacket and topsides engineering and analysis
- SACS for jacket analysis including fatigue and USFOS for jacket analysis
- Structural integrity monitoring experience
- Open attitude & willingness to take on other tasks such as responsibility for supervision of structural design team
- Willing to be part of a team, but also have a flexible approach when required to work in small groups
- Concept and FEED experience
- Co-operative attitude
- Effective communicator
- Flexible worker
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.