Skills: Civil Engineering
Other Skills: Hydrology
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our Central Mountain operation. The Denver Water Service Line has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow and serve an increased client base in a growing business line. As a successful candidate, you will join in leading an established team and become a part of the Wood Global Technical Expert Network (GTEN) where you will be connected with more than 400 engineers and scientist focused on solutions to the complex issues our diverse clients face. You will be engaged in exciting projects across the U.S. ranging from FEMA Risk MAP (Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning) activities, municipal drainage, transportation drainage, mining drainage and other similar water resources projects. Our professionals are networked across the Wood organization and are active in technical organizations advancing our practice.
- Work with Engineering Managers supporting our hydraulics and hydrology groups across the Mountain West region and nationally.
- Join an established project team completing projects that include tasks such as the development of hydrologic and hydraulic models of open and closed systems, flood hazard mitigation analysis, risk data analysis, GIS analysis, and preparation of planning reports.
- Lead water resources tasks in transportation engineering, mining engineering, drainage engineering, stream restoration design, and floodplain management work.
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation.
- Mentor and oversee the development of mid-level and junior staff.
- Travel to project sites in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada and nationally.
- Market to, pursue and grow clients in the public or private sector.
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight of staff.
- Manage and coordinate project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Collaborate and participate in technical discussions with team members.
- Participate in proposal efforts.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree required, MS preferred.
- Colorado PE or the ability to attain within 1 year is required
- 8 to 15 years + of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources/civil experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience leading proposal management and development
- Demonstrated success in business development and client management
- Strong technical skills regarding hydrologic and hydraulic modeling approaches and commonly used software
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.