Oakland, California, United States
Oakland, California, United States
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakland, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a career opportunity available for a Senior Water Treatment Plant and Infrastructure Design Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with 12+ years of experience in Water Treatment Plant and Infrastructure Design ? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a Water Treatment Plant and Infrastructure Design Engineer to join our dynamic team. Although the project is tied to our Oakland, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) office, we are flexible regarding the location of the candidate with preferences to Northern California, and then Southern California.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and lead a project team to provide domestic/potable water treatment plant design as well as designs for associated infrastructure for municipal and industrial clients in California and the West Coast
- Develop and lead high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our municipal and industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around municipal clients for evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to client business development activities in a seller/doer format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client - centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with all levels of experience and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
- Provide supervision during engineering design for entry-level and other mid-level engineering staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Must possess a current California Civil or Mechanical Professional Engineering license
- Proven project management skills
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in municipal water solutions including studies through design and construction support or direct construction
- Must have experience with municipal clients in California, such as SFPUC, EBMUD or LADWP
- Adept at relationship building, team building and conflict resolution
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Willing to travel up to 20% to meet project needs
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Strong working relationship with Bay Area/California municipal clients, such as SFPUC, EBMUD or LADWP
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
- Project Management Certification or Training
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities; Previous employment at a regulatory agency is considered a plus if accompanied by direct consulting engineering experience or direct industry experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.