Oakland, California, United States
Oakland, California, United States
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakland, California, United States
Are you an Environmental Geologist or Scientist, with more than 4 years in the consulting industry, looking for a new opportunity with any of the following?
- Large, technically challenging, and interesting projects,
- A collaborative and supportive environment,
- An established environmental firm with a network of highly-skilled geologists, engineers, and scientists, and
- An opportunity to build your career where you are valued and can choose your career path.
- You would be a member of a team providing environmental consulting services ranging from site investigations to remediation projects.
The key responsibilities of this position include the following:
Key Responsibilities :
- Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Geologist/Hydrogeologist with 4 to 11 years of experience in the environmental consulting field and a California Professional Geologist License . The ideal candidate is looking for new challenges and wants to work with teams on large and interesting projects.
- Project/task manager for field projects, including coordinating permitting, subcontractors, field staff, and laboratories, or a technical lead in a specific field
- Oversee staff performing field work (logging soil borings, overseeing groundwater monitoring well installations, and collecting soil, groundwater, surface water and sediment samples, as well as documenting field activities)
- Perform occasional field work, including site visits, managing subcontractors, overseeing groundwater monitoring well installations, well and aquifer pumping tests, as well as documenting field activities.
- Field projects may also include oversight of remediation subcontractors during remediation activities, such as pilot studies and routine operations and maintenance
- Manage projects and ensure projects are performed safely, on time, and within budget
- Interpret data and test results
- Draft reports documenting investigation (or remediation) activities
- Prepare scopes of work, schedules, and cost estimates
- Ensure effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards and provides all required permitting
- Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites throughout California and the West Coast
- Technical review and mentoring of junior staff
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or other related technical field; Masters degree in Geology a plus
- Licensed Professional Geologist in the State of California - required or needed within one year of hire
- 12+ years of experience, including soil logging, environmental sample collection, well installation, and subcontractor management
- Strong Project Management skills in meeting scope, schedule, and budget
- Strong business development skills in lead development, proposal writing, cost estimating and winning work
- Experience collaborating with Bay Area and California regulatory agencies regarding environmental assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare clear and concise technical reports
- Demonstrated verbal communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to occasionally work more than 8 hours per day when necessary for project success
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply information on State and Federal technical guidance and regulations, and make compliance determinations
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Must have valid, current Driver's License (CA preferred) and must have access to vehicle to visit project sites
- MS degree in Geology, Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related technical field
- Licensed Certified Hydrogeologist (CHg) in California
- Coursework or practical experience in sedimentation/stratigraphy, hydrogeology, and chemistry
Physical Demands :
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.