Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakland, California, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Senior Level Environmental Remediation Engineer for our Bay Area, California offices with experience in consulting, selling, managing, designing and implementing Environmental Multi-media Remediation programs for a variety of clients in the Industrial, Government, Energy, Oil & Gas and Transportation sectors.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to help expand our environmental consulting business in California and the West. Wood's Oakland office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, water/wastewater engineering, water resources, environmental compliance, geotechnical design, stormwater infrastructure design, materials testing, and decision analysis.
- Lead/Perform Business Development within the Oil & Gas and Industrial/Commercial Sectors for environmental remediation, engineering and related services
- Perform design, oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level engineers
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Successfully interact with Office Manager, Sector Lead, other Principal and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals and business development
- Meet sales, revenue and delivery goals
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil, Chemical, Environmental or related Engineering field, required; MS in similar Engineering or related field, a plus
- Professional Engineering (CIVIL) License in California is mandatory
- 12+ years related environmental remediation and sales experience
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor, and direct engineers and technicians
- Must be an excellent Project Manager - PMP Certification, a plus
- Candidate should have experience with CERCLA, RCRA, DTSC, Water Board and other CalEPA Programs
- Must have consulting experience with petroleum contamination cleanups in soil and groundwater including free floating products (LNAPL) AND/OR
- Must have chlorinated solvent contamination consulting experience for remediation of soil and groundwater
- Must have consulting experience in soil gas and vapor intrusion issues
- Developing and managing complex engineering design and design-build projects
- Oversee remedy construction and operation and maintenance of environmental project work
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.