Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position can be based in Rosyth or Aberdeen
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for taking support and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding negotiations of legal positions in contracts related to Oceaneering's business lines.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer high-value and high-risk contracts for the manufacture and sale of engineered products and/or onshore and offshore services in domestic and international markets, with a focus on drafting and negotiation of the legal terms and conditions. Some drafting of commercial terms may also be required.
- Advise business leaders on potential warranty claims, delivery issues, and other post-award support.
- Interface with regional Legal and Contracts departments to share best practices and ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Interface with commercial, bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel. Advise on terms and conditions and other contractual issues.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, including the Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments, on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with Oceaneering's contracting guidelines or other applicable guidelines.
- Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and executed.
- Support profit center managers and commercial managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
- Conduct contracts-related training of operations and other personnel.
- Promote an awareness of Legal Department policies and procedures in coordination with Regional Legal Counsel.
- Perform as a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Perform all work in accordance with Oceaneering's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
- The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree. LLB (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Relevant working experience in commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry or engineered manufactured products sector, directly supporting sales and operations management's efforts with clients.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilized in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Law, Law and Management, or similar.
As a member of the Contracts team covering Europe, Middle East, and Africa, you will work closely with various peers and business partners to negotiate and update high-value and high-risk contracts for the manufacture and sale of engineered products and/or onshore and offshore services across multiple projects and business segments, including negotiations, special projects, and operational support for contractual issues.
By joining our team, you will also have an opportunity to develop your competence through a wide range of activities while being empowered to build on your existing skills across multiple projects and geographies.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.