Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Consultant, Sustainable Transportation & Infrastructure for our growing global Zero Emissions Mobility (ZEM) and fleet energy transition practice.
The ZEM practice has established a new service line focused on Mobility Business and Policy. The service line specializes in Transit and Transportation Decarbonization, Transit Asset Management, Transit Operations Efficiency and Optimization, and Transit Oriented Communities. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated and resourceful individual looking to make a positive contribution in the outcomes for Climate Change impact reduction, and in creating more resilient, sustainable communities and infrastructure.
The target market will initially focus on the United States and connect to our expanded North American and International opportunities in collaboration with Wood's Smart Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure global thought leaders.
This role can be based in any Wood office in Canada, and hybrid/remote work options are also available.
- Conduct market research and analysis on emerging technologies, and innovative business and customer solutions for the Transportation sector
- Assist with technical writing of vehicle specifications, supply chain and business case for transit and transportation operations
- Coordinate with senior Wood PLC staff in delivering projects
- Prepare meeting minutes, agenda, and other project coordination support
- Assist with proposal development and submission for ZEM
Skills / Qualifications
- 3 to 5-years of experience working in the transportation or infrastructure industry with an interest in the emerging resilient and sustainable transportation sector
- 1 to 2-years of excel modeling, financial analysis, or general forecasting experience
- Undergrad degree in Urban Studies, Business or Engineering
- Graduate degree in business, engineering or planning is an asset
- Understanding of Public Transit, Transportation and Infrastructure, and Energy Transition
- Understanding of electric, diesel, natural gas and hydrogen drivetrains
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.