Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Woking, United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is seeking expression of interest for a Planner to support an engineering framework contract based in the UK.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
You will be producing / updating Schedules, providing manhour data, advice and guidance on schedule related matters, and reporting progress to all stakeholders. The key aims and objectives are to produce a resource levelled schedule that is set up in accordance with the design, procurement and implementation strategy for the project.
- Monitor progress against the baseline schedule with the assistance of the Project Manager, Package Engineer and/or Lead Engineer
- Prepare a resource levelled schedule in primavera P6
- Adopt the agreed protocols for work breakdown structures and use of Primavera
- Liaise with the Package Engineer / Lead Engineer to ensure that all estimated manhours are captured within the plan
- Explore scenarios with the Package Engineer / Lead Engineer and Project Manager to look for the best available methodology
- Provide the greatest opportunity to win the project and to deliver the project successfully
- Produce the planning templates documents for the project that will assist with monitoring progress
- Identify, where applicable changes and / or variations
- Report template, s-curve template, CPI and SPI calculations etc
- Produce a baseline schedule and agree this with the relevant stakeholders
- Assist in root cause analysis of actual manhours versus estimated to help inform the business
- Assist in incorporating those lessons into future projects
- Produce monthly reports suitable for sharing externally with the customer representative
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years relevant scheduling / planning experience in Automation Projects
- Good understanding in projects planning reimbursable, target price, lump sum projects and NEC contracting
- Good experience in using Primavera P6
- Experienced in areas of responsibility associated with planning (project controls, CTR generation, Estimating) would be added advantages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience of engineering planning is essential
- You will ideally have experience within engineering and nuclear industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.