Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Flow Assurance with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Co ntributes to technical delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of
- Providing discipline expertise to the
Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce a range of engineering deliverables (including more complex tasks) with limited guidance and direction from more senior technical professionals.
Evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks.
Fully qualified to execute most standard and straighforward engineering activities, working unsupervised on most aspects of work.
Under general supervision performs all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis, acting as document originator.
Creates and reviews designs, drawings, specifications and other engineering deliverables involving both existing and new technology and applications.
Problems presented involve new concepts and new and varied issues that demand technical expertise, increased innovations or considerable modifications of precedents.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Executes Assigned Scopes of Work:
- Establishes detailed designs and performance specifications to fulfill the requirements of assigned general specifications for components, systems, processes,
- Plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems with general guidance from instructions, policies and precedents
- Responsible for meeting discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables, coordinates own work schedule, and prepares progress
- Recommends changes in plans and estimated cost when
- Performing steady state and transient single phase and multiphase flow simulations for various projects (oil, gas/ condensate systems, water injection, chemical injection, H 2 , CO 2 , etc).
- Develops a range of engineering deliverables, including specifications, calculations, reports, technical requisitions and others.
- Interprets specifications and investigates
- Reviews vendor
- Active participation in design
Providing discipline expertise:
- Conducts problem solving in the area of expertise: problems involve new concepts and new and varied problems to be solved that demand technical expertise, investigation and interpretation
- Develops alternative solutions, identifies risks and benefits
- Develops solutions to non-recurring problems by appraising, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data.
- Exercises professional judgement in selecting and interpreting information and modifying standard methods and procedures
- In consultancy business areas, may deliver small-scale projects with responsibility for cost, schedule, resource allocation and risk, while working within an established program management
- Provide technical input and support to proposals as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelors (minimum) or Level 7 Masters (preferred) Degree in engineering discipline, alternatively, tertiary level education combined with suitable industry experience can be used to demonstrate equivalence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Typically requires more than four years of progressively more responsible pertinent
- Beginning to focus in an area of Experience in any of the following areas is desirable and of strategic importance to the team:
- Cryogenic transport experience, LNG, Ammonia, LH 2 ;
- Supercritical transport experience, Dense phase Natural gas, CO 2 ;
- Midstream transport experience (especially operations);
- Network modelling (especially operations);
- Operator Flow Assurance experience;
- Technical Process and Systems Engineering experience.
- Proficient user of relevant industry standard, single phase and multiphase flow software tools used for steady state and transient modelling e.g. OLGA, PIPESIM, PIPENET, LedaFlow, etc and calculation templates
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical information applicable to their discipline of engineering
- Demonstrates the application of theory in a practical
- Working level of competence in the application of standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Working level of competence in own discipline in the execution of assigned
- Working level of knowledge of industry and technology development within discipline area
- Ability to create functional and cost effective designs and processes that meet complex specification requirements with little
- Regularly assigned ownership of conceptual design
- Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others
- Experienced user of relevant specialist engineering software
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in written form
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, builds positive relationships with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and committed to continuous professional development
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily
- Strong organizational skills and attention to
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects and
- Prepared to take on new tasks and learn new technical subjects and
- Continuously develops own knowledge and abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.