Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Field Engineer - Level 2. This position will be located Tucker, GA office. The ideal candidate should have an Engineering or Construction Management degree and minimum of 3 to 5 years Solar Field Experience (wind and battery a plus).
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in
- construction planning and design;
- interpretation of design;
- application of construction methods;
- resolution and documentation of design conflicts;
- constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedure
Skills / Qualifications
- 2-5 years of on-site EPC Industrial Construction experience. A minimum of 2 years' experience of on-site of EPC/Industrial level Solar Construction experience
- Good knowledge of construction and engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.
- Understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
- MS Primavera training or experience is an asset
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Candidate must be willing to travel to job site locations for long term assignments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos, and to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type and write. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
- The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.