Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wood has an opportunity for a Project Manager in Singapore and/or China . There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Project Management Department is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical
- Coaches, mentors and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
- Provides the interface and maintains effective relationships with other contributors to the project.
- Guides and directs project team and functional support teams as required
- Interfaces with high value engineering centres (HVEC) as required and manages scope across all offices involved
- Interface and coordinate with Operational and/or Contract Management to ensure delivery of operational goal
- Primary point of contact for customer on assigned scope. Establishes and maintains a positive and effective customer relationship, ensuring payment terms are met, and communicating any delays
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and sub-contractors and resolves cost, schedule and quality issues
- Seeks out new avenues for building internal and external relationships
- Monitors existing relationships
- May act as company representative and play a role in contract negotiations,
- Influences relationships at higher customer level
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority
- Actions and decisions typically have a significant influence on the technical, operational and
financial results of one or more small and medium-size projects
- Works under limited supervision
- Work is performed under general direction and is reviewed for conformance with policies and general efficiency
- Keeps manager informed of progress, potentially controversial matters and far-reaching implications
- Solves problems requiring an understanding of, financial and commercial implications
- Solves problems requiring understanding of social and political implications and international issues
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Typically requires more than 7 years of pertinent Project Management experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical and/or Pharmaceutical / Bio Pharma / Life Sciences projects.
- Passion for HSSE and leadership to drive and implement HSSE on projects.
- Singapore and/or China permitting knowledge
- Ability to understand and converse fluently in Mandarin will be an advantage
- Work experience with international or local Oil & Gas / Petrochemical and/or Pharma / BioPharma / Life sciences companies as EPCM contractor side is required.
- Managing key projects, client stakeholders and personnel
- Some handson knowledge and experience with GMP, GDP, Validation, Installation qualification and Operational qualification.
- Staying up to date on all applicable regulatory guidelines, like rules from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Knowledge about Singapore PIPS is preferred.
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the APAC experience will be an advantage
- Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers and strategies
- Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several projects.
- Knowledge of prioritising stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans
- Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements and acceptance criteria on several
- Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment
- Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects
- Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types and their suitability in different situations
- Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project execution plans
- Well versed in international and company quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various types of goods and
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and
- Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and
- Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and interfaces.
- In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable of managing information management project
- Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company and suppliers.
- Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management. Places the welfare of
both internal and customer employees at the top of the agenda.
- Passionately pursues and supports, demonstrates and embeds company values.
- Able to motivate, engage and influence a diverse group of people, many without a direct
- Customer focused - develops sincere and open relationships with customers, current and
potential; constantly striving to exceed expectations and add value. Able to develop and
maintain strong customer relationships, including ability to influence
- Ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials etc)
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to handle sensitive communications
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills
- Strong influencer, negotiator and mediator
- Flexible to respond and adapt to changing internal and external context
- Decisive, with ability to make decisions and follow through, ensuring learnings are captured
- Strong team builder capable of identifying and adopting best practices, engendering a spirit of cooperation and energising people towards optimum performance enabling cross functional best practice
- Pragmatic in approach with a strong commercial bias and ability to balance commerciality with operational excellence
- Entrepreneurial approach - ability to identify opportunities
- Flexible to respond in agile ways to changing customer needs
- A motivated self starter, who can self-direct when required, able to use own initiative and
have autonomy to make appropriate decisions but also know when escalation is required.
- Critical thinker with problem solving abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.