Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Construction Engineer to be based in the Home Office in Staines to support the upstream Oil and Gas work. The ideal candidate will have particularly offshore knowledge working on FEED and EPC project phases.
This role is suitable for a Senior Construction Engineer who is looking to further develop their career into Construction Management.
Willingness to undertake business trips and potential assignments (including the nearby Reading office) is a necessary part of construction execution and the role requires candidates to be supportive of this.
Responsibilities will vary dependent on project scope but would typically be working on existing and new offshore facilities including jackets, topsides, bridges, pipelines, and umbilical and onshore support facilities and include:
- Carry out construction feasibility and method studies whilst establishing, in conjunction with planning group realistic schedules for construction activities
- Support the Construction Manager in the development of the contracting philosophy for the project
- Identify construction deliverables to suit the project requirements and control and schedule them using the Wood Document Management System
- Ensure contract deliverables, documents and specifications are produced to meet the needs of the project schedule
- Be the point of contact and coordinator for all construction related issues working closely with project discipline engineers and home office construction and commissioning support
- Consider and develop how work packaging will be used liaising with discipline and project control engineers
- Produce and develop plans and specifications, requisitions and bid summaries for all temporary facilities and construction equipment required within the scope of services
- For offshore work provide input into the marine spread, types and availability of Heavy Lift vessels
- Provide input into the EPC contractors ITB packages
- Review the project estimate to ensure the completeness of scope and correctness of construction input
- Review the project requirements, and the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues
- Input to the overall schedule and the construction execution plan
- Review the model Safety Plan and Instructions to Contractors, incorporate project specific requirements as required
- Where applicable, liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree, significant experience working on offshore Oil and Gas projects
- Qualification in HSE preferred e.g., NEBOSH or IOSH
- Middle East experience preferred
- Home Office and Site Experienced in upstream oil and gas EPC and FEED
- Major Client experience e.g., Shell, Exxon Mobil, Aramco
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics, execution and schedule durations for critical tasks
- Hands on experience of constructability reviews and hazard identification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.