Skills: Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Basel, Basel City, Switzerland
Wood is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Designer / Planner to be based in our Basel office in Switzerland.
The Laboratory Designer / Planner will be responsible for supporting projects relating to set up of new or the revamp / refurbishment of exisiting labratories within the pharmaceutical and life science sectors.
The successful candidate should have a basic understanding of labratory design from the process and or engineering disciplines. You must have a collaborative approach to project work and be fluent in written and spoken German and English.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and training and development will be available if required.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
- Coordinate disciplines activities and control and forecast work area activities and deliverables against schedule
- Laboratory planning
- Establish URS for Lab Equipment's
- Coordination with Architects
- Work in coordination with procurement and subcontracting group as well as estimate department
- Prepare Erection requisition for mechanical works
- Support project engineers during the preparation of key project documents (P&Id's, line list, equipment list etc.)
- Organise, contribute and prepares notes for multidiscipline meetings to affect the timely completion of the requisition
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
- Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interacting with Clients, interpreting their needs and requirements
- Work closely to the Project Manager and the other project functions
Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of laboratory design
- Previous experience in GMP
- Experience in the role in pharma sector is a benefit and experience as a Technical PM is preffered
- Self - motivation, a proactive outlook and good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Mother tongue / Fluent in German is a mandatory requirement
- Fluent in English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.