Skills: Rig Instrument Tech
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an OperationsTechnician with experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The position is to work offshore Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
Please note this position is only open to Equatorial Guinea nationals.
With assistance, perform the maintenance, testing, and repair of all electrical systems, equipment, and components of oil and gas production facilities in a manner consistent with regulatory and environmental rules, regulations, and testing procedures.
• Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for all activities within his or her assigned unit, consistent with the Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Meets expectations of Alen facility Safety Management System, including:
- Behavior based job observation program, job risk analysis, inspections, safety meetings, hazard identifications, near misses, and incident reporting and investigation.
- Prepares plant as per PTW procedures for maintenance and Operations activities.
- Support emergency preparedness as required.
- Knows how to use the available equipment.
- Participates in simulations as determined on schedule.
- Ensure mandatory training is completed each year
• With assistance as required, perform the day-to-day duties to maintain a safe and efficient operation of the assigned process facilities or area
• Follow-up on work orders, work permits, ongoing activities, production testing and sampling. Know the work activities in all disciplines going on every day
• Follows all procedures, standards, and regulations required during the execution of his or her duties.
• Reviews Standard Operating Procedures prior to any job required. Review annually either way
• Detects, identifies and reacts to abnormal conditions that might develop into emergency situations as per platform training. Report immediately to supervisors
• With Lead Operator guidance, follows required procedure deviation or critical device bypass procedures where approved procedures or work practices cannot be executed safely.
• Learns from supervisors and colleagues while identifying and troubleshooting process or operating problems of assigned unit.
• With assistance, maintains chemical inventory between established minimums and maximums; this includes both bulk and day storage vessels.
• With assistance, maintains chemical feed rates at established targets.
• Identifies and supports the testing of new ideas or opportunities for improvement.
• With guidance of Lead Operators, exercise resourcefulness, innovation, and persistence in abnormal situations
• Assists operations team with assigned maintenance on production equipment under PTW guidelines
• Reports any identified restorative maintenance needs for the assigned unit.
• Communicates all required information regarding Unit performance to the Control Room Operator and to other affected Unit Operators and Maintenance
• With assistance, monitors, documents, and maintains records, and reporting of well production activities. Maintains Log Book documenting current operation: Makes clear concise entries. Ensures that all changes to unit are logged with appropriate explanation included.
• Maintains thorough and accurate handover notes for back-to-back
• Stays up to date to any development, procedures or training material as required.
• With assistance, perform tests of safety equipment to ensure compliance with company and governmental rules and regulations.
• With assistance, perform facility and subsea system start-ups according to field operating manuals and start up procedures
• Obtain basic knowledge and understanding of the subsea system, including equipment, function, operating parameters, inputs & outputs
• Obtain basic knowledge and understanding of normal operating parameters and alarm set points on equipment, adjustments & reactions, monitoring, and report unusual conditions to Supervisor
• Assists and understand collaboration requirements with maintenance personnel and third party technicians as needed.
• Maintains housekeeping standards for the Unit and living quarters
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
• Plus any other duties that may additionally be required as part of the role as operational requirements dictate.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree, Engineering Degree, Vocational/Trade school, NVQ/SVQ 3 or equivalent formal qualification
- Certified Apprenticeship or equivalent
- BOSIET & CA\EBS Certificate (Helicopter, Incipient Fire Fighting, First Aid)
- COMPEX Certification
Industry Experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of gas compression, gas processing and liquid recovery is preferred
- Gained working experience as an operator on an offshore or onshore oil and gas facility
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas facility emergency procedures and safety systems
- Preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Competent in communicating in English language, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment alongside other technical disciplines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.