Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
From the office, on site, or in the lab, our geotechnical engineers and materials specialists provide life cycle solutions in the most complex ground conditions across projects large and small. We combine geoscience, geotechnical engineering and materials expertise to understand complex ground conditions and achieve the best built solutions for our clients and projects.
We are hiring a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Project Manager for our Geotechnical Engineering group which provides geotechnical services to our clients, ranging from field exploration programs and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
This position offers the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Supporting our Louisville, KY team, you will be overseeing engineering analysis, geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
- Manage projects teams comprised of various engineering and environmental discipline specialists, and associated subcontractors
- Interface directly with clients on projects
- Manage all project elements including budget, schedule, quality, safety, document control, change order management while striving to achieve both project profitability and client satisfaction
- Network with new and existing clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Oversee numerical modelling and analyses from various software programs such as PCASE, Geostudio, Geosystems, etc.
- Interpretation of site investigation (field and laboratory tests) data
- Preparation of engineering designs, detailed reports, plans, assessments and studies
- Opportunity to collaborate on projects throughout the US and Internationally
- Project consulting and engineering in the geotechnical field for mining and infrastructure projects
- An ability to interface with other related disciplines - hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, permitting, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering required; Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering considered an asset
- Current registration or eligibility to register as a P.Eng. in Kentucky
- Desire for self-learning and a commitment to technical excellence
- You have oral communication (English) and active listening skills to explain complex procedures and techniques, to help ensure information is understood
- You have written communication skills (English) to accurately document information and prepare reports
- You are able to draw on your own experience, knowledge, and expertise to assist the team in providing the best response in a critical or urgent situation
- You are able to interpret data from a variety of sources, apply technical excellence, and assist in resolving problems that arise on projects
- You are able to develop and maintain relationships, with diverse internal and external clients and respond in a professional manner
- You are able to set work priorities, monitor progress and quality towards deliverables
- You are well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time.
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to travel to project sites across the US and abroad
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.