Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Marine Technician for a new build offshore FPSO project located in the Eastern Mediterranean.
We are supporting the development of an offshore field to support bringing gas to the market by 2022. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
The position will initially be based in Singapore with ad hoc travel or rotational to East Mediterranean until March 2022.
The Mechanical Marine Technician reports to the Marine Team Lead (MarTL) and will assist in all marine aspects relating to the operation of the FPSO. Responsible for the efficient m onitoring, controlling and operation of the marine and cargo systems , ensuring all procedures are adhered to and all defects are reported to the Offshore MarTL . Displays a pro-active and continuous approach to safety.
General Marine Duties:
- Reporting to Marine Team Lead.
- Actively participating in embedding Company core values and culture to deliver safety as top priority . Proactively support compliance with Company Life Saving Rules.
- Read, understand, and implement all Company applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring that discipline activities are always completed safely and to a high standard.
- To contribute discipline experience to the ongoing development of Company Power project work methods and processes and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Fulfil Emergency Response role as required
- Managing weekly lifeboat, liferaft and helideck monitor checks
- Responsible for good housekeeping conditions in all areas
- Attend safety committee meetings and demonstrate safety awareness in the performance of normal work function.
- Ensure all certificates relevant to the discipline role are in date.
- Working 28/28 rotation on standard 12 hours shift with night shift working as required and delegated by Line Supervisor.
- As part of the marine team accountable for all aspects of deck management ensuring walkways, escape routes and lay-down areas are kept clear of obstruction and have awareness of deck loading limits.
Specialist Role Duties:
- On site assessment of the systems to ensure operability will be acceptable with and deficiencies identified in a timely manner to enable resolution or mitigation.
- Support the commissioning activities and immediately highlight to Company any gaps or shortfalls so that they can be addressed where possible or where not that the risks are suitably well understood.
- Identification and ratification of spare parts required and planning suitable storage locations on board.
- Review and take ownership of special tooling delivered with packages to make sure that nothing goes missing.
- On site walk throughs and dry runs of the system operating manuals to make sure that they are fit for purpose and accurate
- On site reviews of the equipment maintainability and assessment of equipment handling solutions to make sure that they are fit for purpose.
- Prepare for the transition to Company safe systems of work at sail away to ensure that Energean's duty of care if fulfilled
- Development of operational procedures to match the actual equipment and locations on-board to ensure that high risk activities such as offloads can be undertaken and controlled to an acceptable level.
- Participation in ensuring that preservation activities are completed to a high standard to make sure that equipment is ready to operate when on location with minimal delay
- In all cases looking out for Company best interests.
- and controlling Fiscal Metering Unit operation during export oil discharge
- Monitoring and controlling unit trim, draft and hull stresses
- Monitoring and recording all safety equipment alarms received in the CCR
- Radio communication with the Export Tanker as applicable
- Act as HLO Assistant when needed
- Boat traffic and supply operations are well controlled, carried out efficiently and safely
- Maintaining CCR Logbook storage tank status records
- Control people movement
- To undertake other job responsibilities as and when required by the Superior
- Basic level understanding of CMMS (Maximo) to close out marine maintenance activities
- Carrying out first line maintenance on the various marine systems
- Responsible for the safe and cost effective operation and maintenance of the Facility's marine systems with minimal environmental impact in accordance with legislation, class, flag, and the integrated facility management system
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Participate in audit, technical and incident investigations as required
- Ensure learning opportunities are captured and realised.
Skills / Qualifications
- STCW Certificate of Competency Class 1 Chief Eng. or 2 2 nd
- Served as Marine Engineer or Operator Mechanic on Tanker/FPSO or FSO
- ERT experience essential
- O&G UK medical or equivalent medical
- Demonstrated competency gained on a Crude Oil Tanker or FPSO / FSU
- A proven mechanical background either as a Marine Engineer or Operator Mechanic, with diesel engine, air compressor, pumps, bilge and sewage systems competency
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Marine Hydraulic Control Systems
- Knowledge and competency of Cargo handling, Inert gas systems, heating and FPSO specific equipment
- Competence in machinery space log keeping.
- Isolation Philosophy
- Full working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work (Permit to Work etc) / Isolation creation.
- Good knowledge and experience of ships emergency systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.