Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Principal Engineer / Principal Consultant HVAC Engineer / HVAC Head to work in our Reading office. This is a management role so will be leading a small team of HVAC / Building Services Engineers.
- Provide design and technical direction of the Discipline in UK and Global Execution Centres and act as the technical focus for the Discipline.
- Responsible for administration and immediate direction of Building Services engineering and design on a project.
- Execute assigned work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and applicable Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within manhour and cost budgets and project schedule targets.
- Liaise with the Project Co-ordinating Engineer regarding the interpretation of Client's Specifications and Standards, and prepare Project Specifications and Standards for design, materials and construction.
- Review the project execution schedule developed by the Cost and Planning Department and to develop the detailed schedule for Building Services Enigeering and Design activities.
- Ensure that quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and construction purposes on projects assigned to him are of the specified standard. Participate in design and checking work as required.
- Input to Sub-contract and Material Requisition Indexes, update and issue as required by the project.
- Review Subcontractor's and Supplier's quotations, participate in clarification meetings, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Subcontractor, in conjunction with Procurement Department commercial quotation evaluations. Technically approve Purchase Order Variation Summaries.
- Hold co-ordination meetings with the Construction Department during the design phase and provide assistance to site when requested during the construction phase of a project.
- Perform technical audits on consultants reporting to him on the project.
- Provide proposal technical input to support manhour estimates and execution plans under direction of Chief Architect / Group Manager.
- Support Group Manager in discipline Manpower Plan (MPP).
- Conduct technical interviews and support recruitment of technical specialists
- Provide initial client contact and discipline support to business winning opportunities.
- Carry out discipline functions relative to Supplier and Subcontractors documentation:
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Review relevant project design work
Skills / Qualifications
Expe rience in HVAC / Building Services design and manageme nt within one or more of the following industry sectors:
- Oil and gas Upstream / Downstream
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)
- Power generation plant
- Good conceptual design abilities for process and industrial building types.
- Experience of leading and developing project teams.
- Experience of client management and briefing activities.
- Experience of coordination activities within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Sound technical, construction and specification knowledge of HVAC / Building Services equipment, and systems.
- Good project management skills within HVAC discipline.
- Experience of client/ industry standards in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Knowledge of current 'Green' directives as they relate to HVAC and building services
- Degree and Post Graduate qualifications in Building Services or applicable engineering degree with appropriate experience.
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.