Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Municipal Engineer who combines strong technical skills with willingness to learn project management and business development?
Wood's Calgary office is seeking an Intermediate Municipal Engineer to join our Municipal Infrastructure team.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in a variety of urban infrastructure projects including, but not limited to, municipal utilities (storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution, water and wastewater treatment), utility master planning, asset management, roads and transportation, and will have demonstrated increasing levels of technical challenge and responsibility over their career.
A consumate professional, you'll work in a team environment with the support of experienced senior and junior technical staff. Intermediate staff are expected to be self-starters with strong technical knowledge and familiarity with local municipal development processes. They must also support the growth of the business and support the development of younger staff. This will include project management and building client relationships. Suitable candidates will enjoy working in a team environment and bring strengths in oral and written communication.
- Provide technical knowledge and project management within a growing municipal engineering team.
- Lead project execution on projects in water distribution, sanitary and storm sewers, reservoirs, pump stations and lift stations, site grading and drainage, municipal permitting and approvals.
- Manage and deliver municipal engineering projects.
- May participate in business development and lead key project pursuits.
- Client liaison and relationship management.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, expressions of interest, and specifications to support projects or pursuits.
- Communicate and work with other project team members that may be located in other offices.
- Provide financial and budget control on projects.
- Some travel throughout Alberta may be required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related area from an accredited institution
- 4 to 7 years of experience in municipal engineering; experience on project work in Canada or the USA is an asset;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA);
- Proven track record in managing the design and construction of municipal projects along with a history of developing client relationships.
- Ability to support the preparation of proposals.
- Motivated to enhance and provide growth opportunities to a municipal design team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with municipal engineering projects, including specific design and construction experience in water, sanitary and stormwater projects for both new project works and renewal and replacement of existing infrastructure systems; and
- Strong knowledge of the Alberta municipal market.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.