Other Skills: Hydrogeologist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist.
Are you a Senior Hydrogeologist with 10+ years environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges, leading teams and building strong client relationships? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? Join our North Atlantic Operations team in either the Portland, Maine, Rocky Hill, Connecticut or Bayside, New York Offices. This position will support environmental assessment and remedial investigation projects with responsibilities to include proposal and work plan development, field operations and staff management, project delivery, and report preparation.
The North Atlantic Operations is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 140+ staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US. We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects, Engineers, & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, Data Visualization Specialists are what make us known in the Industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. With such large scope and brand recognition, our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects. Our North Atlantic Operations team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources and opportunities of a large international organization. We are looking to grow our team in supporting our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning and vision - please consider joining us!
- Leading, mentoring and working with a team of scientist and other professionals, including junior, intermediate and senior engineers to support Wood's site assessment and remediation practices
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in the northeast US
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Assessing effectiveness of groundwater/soil remediation and assisting in groundwater remedy optimization
- Providing input for scope of work for remedial investigations
- Developing CSMs and supporting 3D visualization
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Providing technical leadership to a diverse team ranging from junior to senior level staff including monitoring, mentoring and leading the growth of team members.
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group.
- Providing direction under applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
Skills / Qualifications
- M.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Water Resources preferred
- Professional registration such as PE, PG, or other relevant license preferred
- 10+ years environmental consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with bedrock hydrogeology
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Surfer or other contouring software
- Experience with analytical models (e.g., REMChlor, BIOChlor, etc.)
- Experience with aquifer testing analysis using analytical software programs (e.g. AQTESOLV, AquiferTest)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.