Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager who is functionally accountable for the project planning, cost engineering and capital estimating functions within the Mining & Minerals industry.
- The PCM is accountable for the following functions within the project:
- Project Planning
- Cost Engineering
- Capital Estimating
- The PCM will work in a manner that supports and enhances the company values of:
- Delivering on promises
- Developing full potential
- Doing the right thing.
- Ensures procedures / systems are established and maintained for planning, cost engineering, capital estimating within projects and studies.
- Proactively manages, audits and ensures satisfactory provision of planning, cost engineering and capital estimating services within projects to the satisfaction of the PM's in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Defines the basis and strategy on which work packaging and coding is to be carried out for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating to meet specific project requirements consistent with proper and efficient control.
- Establishes and maintains clear reporting / lines of communication for planning, cost engineering and capital estimating within the project.
- Establishes / maintains contact with client project controls management to ensure that client requirements are being satisfied in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ongoing monitoring / auditing of the project controls and ensure mitigating actions if required.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of the applied project control system.
- Assist the Projects with contractual claims and disputes.
- Monitor, control and report project progress in accordance with company and project matrixes.
- Provide mitigating actions for progress slippage.
- Generate monthly project progress reports, including progress s-curves, histograms, cost reports and earned value.
- Recruit key personnel for the project in consultation with the PM's and company HR department.
- Accountable for the training and mentoring of the project controls team to ensure that the project control needs of the project are met and that outputs are maximised
Skills / Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) OR
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Cost Professional (or equivalent) OR
- Scheduling Professional (or equivalent)
- Degree in business, engineering or relevant.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 10 years' experience on large projects
- Hands-on experience in at least project costing or project planning
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.