Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Associate Structural Engineer
Wood is seeking a Structural Engineer to help grow our A/E design team in Kennesaw, Georgia. The ideal candidate will be energetic, have excellent communication skills, have well-rounded technical structural engineering experience, be well organized, proactive, and be able to work independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision.
The role of the Structural Engineer is to work within multidisciplinary teams of engineers and designers on building projects with an emphasis on engineering. The successful candidate will be working on the structural scope of multidiscipline projects as either the Designer of Record leading a team of engineers and designers, or as part of the structural engineering team responsible for specific engineering tasks. The nature and progression of the assignments and the level of responsibilit y will depend on experience, performance, and willingness to grow.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of projects within the US and around the world. Project types generally include studies, assessment, upgrades and renovations of existing structures, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients. Recent and ongoing projects include highly secure facilities; state building renovations; industrial office space, warehouses, and maintenance facilities; water/wastewater infrastructure; and development of design standards for federal agencies. The position will primarily work in an office/home office setting but may require travel to client facilities.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers on structural engineering and design activities through engineering concept to construction documents for multidiscipline design projects.
- Analyze new and existing structures per required code.
- Develop calculation packages as required.
- Perform existing structures assessment to evaluate their capacity and ability to resist new loading requirements; produce technical reports with technically sound recommendations.
- Be able to use engineering fundamentals to solve seemingly complex problems.
- Be able to present and describe engineering solutions and concept s competently to both technical and non-technical audience s .
- Develop structural models to solve engineering problems based on sound engineering principles.
- Be a key contributor to new business development and growth of Wood's A/E delivery team
- Coach and mentor Junior Engineers and Designers
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a focus on stru ctural engineering .
- Licensed Professional Engineer .
- Licensed Structural Engineer is a plus .
- 1 5 -25 years of related work experience .
- Strong knowledge and e xperience with STAAD.Pro , RAM Structural System, and/or other structural modeling software .
- Demonstrated experience of delivering a range of projects from concept through detailed design , and construction completion .
- Expertise in developing construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge through experience in developing level-of-effort estimate s and client proposals.
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic and wind requirements.
- Strong experience with building materials (steel, concrete, masonry, wood).
- Project management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to pass a background check for entry into DoD facilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.