Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
R &D Reliability Test Engineer - Surface Equipment
Halliburton's Reliability engineering team is focused on reducing the overall cost of ownership on specialized well servicing equipment. Reliability engineers are responsible for validating functionality and integrity of components, sub systems and overall equipment performance against Halliburton's stringent design standards. Reliability engineers work closely with design teams throughout the life cycle project, this includes concept development through commercialization of a product.
- Under minimal supervision, uses engineering acumen and tools to document calculations and compare the results in controlled databases
- Identifies the testing objectives at a component/subsystem/unit level in accordance with Halliburton's Health, Safety, and Environment procedures and evaluates test results
- Uses analytical tools and techniques to advance reliability engineering and provides guidance for accelerated life techniques
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions
- Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on details to ensure work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards
- Skills acquired through the completion of degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and 6 or more years of related experience
Desired Experience/Qualifications include:
- Working with design teams to identify key metrics to verify/validate internal designs
- Writing detailed test procedures
- Plan and execute tests on materials, components, and sub-assemblies in both lab and outdoor environments
- Debugging test setup issues and troubleshooting tools and equipment
- Setting up and operating data acquisition systems including temperature, pressure, shock & vibration, and strain test systems
- Understanding of control systems, and experience reading and interpreting various types of data
- Ability to document test procedures, data, observations, and results
- Ability to lead testing operations
- Ability to evaluate test data and compare components performance against design standards
- Ability to communicate test results to design engineering teams and provide design recommendations based on evaluation of test data
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2600 South 2nd St , Duncan , Oklahoma , 73533 , United States
Requisition Number: 122064
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.