Skills: Field Service Tech, Wireline
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Would you like to work on cutting-edge technology?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our innovating Field Services team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and increase reservoir value. Our Wireline Team partners with on-site operators and customers to provide support and guidance to ensure the capacity and value of the well is maximized to its full potential.
Partner with the best
As a General Wireline Field Engineer, you will be able to learn and develop your knowledge and gain valuable technical insight while gaining hands-on experience with some incredible technology. You will be the wellsite focal point to coordinate and deliver while ensuring data accuracy and on time delivery, ensuring flawless execution of the full range of Open Hole/Cased Hole services.
As a General Wireline Field Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Applying Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
- Conducting all activities in line with our non-negotiables, applicable processes and cultural pillars at Baker Hughes
- Assisting in the planning of operations and preparation of logging tools and equipment onshore
- Delivering of simple to complex Cased Hole and Open Hole logging operations ensuring log QC and leasing with offshore representatives to meet the expected outcomes of each operation
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Supervising crew and equipment at the Wellsite, having responsibility to RA sources and Explosives inventories and tracking
- Maintaining job records and complete necessary paperwork. Able to ensure excellent communication between the wellsite and onshore coordinator and wider support team
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors' degree or High School Diploma with relevant experience
- Demonstrate solid experience in Wireline Services Operations in Open Hole and Cased Hole
- Have proven offshore experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Be successful at building relationships and collaborating to resolve problems
- Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence others and lead teams
- Have experience using ECLIPS, Warrior (or Windows based logging systems), Cerberus Tension Modelling software
- Be willing to gain Industry experience and undergo product line training
- Be willing to travel to international locations to work at wellsites across Europe
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- The position is specific for Offshore activity and the employee must to be able to trip for different locations
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.