Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Rig HSE Advisor
DEPARTMENT: HSE & Operations Integrity
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support, coaching and advice to all rig personnel on the implementation of the Company HSE management system. This role has a direct reporting line to the OIM and a functional reporting line to the onshore HSE focal point for their duties related to rig HSE activities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- 4+ years previous experience with a strong emphasis on safety leadership or supervisory experience
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English and have an ability to communicate effectively.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively promote, participate, monitor and coach personnel on the HSE Policies and Requirements.
- Maintain SME knowledge of the Company HSE and EMS Polices, Requirements and Processes.
- Ensure regular, open, active, timely and relevant communication with HSE line management.
- Provide updates to the OIM and HSE focal point on results of their verification activities.
- Monitor and verify that the HSE communication boards are maintained with current information.
- Support and monitor compliance of the installation Orientation process and country specific HSE regulations.
- Continually review the company management system to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate HSE On the Job Training (OJT).
- Participate and support drills and exercises.
- Provide feedback on activity verification progress through the OIM and the HSE Focal Point.
- Active application and support of organizational learning.
- Verify HSE management system changes are communicated effectively and understood..
- Participate in incident investigations when required.
- Monitor installation specific training matrix for compliance and advise when necessary.
- Participate in internal and external audits to verify compliance with HSE management system and customer bridging documents as required.
- Other duties as required.
t is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Rig HSE Advisor (Transocean DD3) Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: