Company: Baker Hughes Skills: Field Service Tech Experience: 6 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Location: Lima, Li, Peru
Field Specialist - Heavy Duty Gas Turbine Products/Aero
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Are you a Field Service Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?
Join our Team!
Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) operates across 120 countries and serves the entire energy value-chain and industrial sector. We hold an extensive portfolio of rotating equipment, process flow, transmission technology and lifecycle services.
Partner with the best
As a Field Specialist - Heavy Duty Gas Turbine Products/Aero, you'll play a vital role onsite with our customers. Leading preventative and remedial maintenance activities, collaborating to solve issues, and ensuring safe, compliant maintenance services are delivered. Continually develop your knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions for customers and influence the operational year plan.
As a Field Specialist - HDGT, you will be responsible for:
• Providing direction and assistance to workgroups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning
• Providing general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of GE/Baker Hughes products
• Providing on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
• Providing technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques
• Assisting customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules
• Making recommendations on findings, reviewing the effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify future needs
• Using initiative and experience to interpret and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support
• Supervising the installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical components
• Leading and executing unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshooting mechanical issues as they arise
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
•Have Bachelor's Degree (BS) in an engineering discipline or equivalent; or minimum of 6 years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
• Have minimum of 5 years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
• Have mechanical, instrumentation, and electrical equipment knowledge
• Have experience with GE 7EA and/or GE LM2500 technology
• Be Fluent in the English Language (written and spoken) and able to communicate effectively
• Shall be Baker Hughes FSE level, have gone through the FSE program and able to take up typical FSE responsibilities
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Standard working schedule supporting the clients needs
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.