Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Skills: Project Management, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Wood is searching for a Heavy Civil Project Manager to create delivery excellence across their assigned project/portfoli and provide certainty and confidence to the customer/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk. This person specifies and coordinates the implementation and completion of a moderate sized project, portfolio of small projects, or a major component of a large project. This includes responsibility for safe delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and customer relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is adhered to and controlled.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue
delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment,
risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for
accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various
phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change
Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work
share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope
of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer.
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule
are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve
staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into
their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority,
ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
- Coaches, mentors and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in relevant discipline, preferrably Construction Management, Construction Management Technology or Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent
certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Typically requires more than 7 years of pertinent experience including minimum 2-3 years
experience managing projects or part of projects, mastering their area and knowledgeable
about impacts on other areas.
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the work
- Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business issues.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers and strategies
- Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several
- Knowledge of prioritising stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans
- Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements
and acceptance criteria on several occasions.
- Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in
qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment techniques.
- Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects
- Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types and their suitability in different
- Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project
- Well versed in international and company quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various
types of goods and services.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and uses.
- Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and forecasting.
- Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and
- In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable
of managing information management project team.
- Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company and
- Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management. Places the welfare of
both internal and customer employees at the top of the agenda.
- Passionately pursues and supports, demonstrates and embeds company values
- Able to motivate, engage and influence a diverse group of people, many without a direct
- Customer focused - develops sincere and open relationships with customers, current and
potential; constantly striving to exceed expectations and add value. Able to develop and
maintain strong customer relationships, including ability to influence
- Ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials etc)
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to handle sensitive communications
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills
- Strong influencer, negotiator and mediator
- Flexible to respond and adapt to changing internal and external context
- Decisive, with ability to make decisions and follow through, ensuring learnings are captured
- Strong team builder capable of identifying and adopting best practices, engendering a spirit of cooperation and energising people towards optimum performance enabling cross functional best practice
- Pragmatic in approach with a strong commercial bias and ability to balance commerciality with operational excellence
- Entrepreneurial approach - ability to identify opportunities
- Flexible to respond in agile ways to changing customer needs
- A motivated self starter, who can self-direct when required, able to use own initiative and have autonomy to make appropriate decisions but also know when escalation is required.
- Critical thinker with problem solving abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.