Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lima, Callao Region, Peru
Wood is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for our Peru Operation:
- Provide engineering analysis, design & reporting for mining environmental projects; tailings dams, water management system, waste rock, open pit, etc.
- Perform design and analytical functions including stability, seepage, bearing capacity and settlement analyses
- Perform Dam Safety Inspections/Dam Safety Reviews, Dam Safety Evaluations, Risk Assessments
- Perform technical writing & review of proposals & project documents; issued to clients, etc.
- Prepare design drawings & specifications from scoping study to detailed design and construction
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates
- Prepare reports and coordinate support activities
- Review findings and prepare recommendations
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment
- Liaise with other technical specialists including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geochemists, rock mechanics, environmental and other disciplines
- Provide quality leadership & mentoring of junior technical staff
- Manage contractors and sub-consultantsGeotechnical senior reviewing and Engineer of Record (EOR) in different TSF projects.
- Business development to get new projects from existing/former clients, and identification of new TSF projects and new clients, and determination of strategies to approach new clients/projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduated from an accredited university with a degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering
- Minimum of 15 to 20 years' experience in civil, geotechnical or related experience in design of earth dams obtained largely from mining projects with dam experience
- Experience with design and construction of tailings dams and related mine-site earthworks infrastructure
- Experience managing multiple mining and/or construction related projects simultaneously
- Proven experience with budgeting and cost forecasting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to travel, domestic & international travel required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificacion adecuada seran considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religion, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero, condicion de veterano protegido u otras caracteristicas, de acuerdo con la legislacion vigente.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.