Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hamilton Township, New Jersey, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is currently seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our Mid-Atlantic team. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills, as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Are you an Environmental Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 3 to 7 years of environmental/consulting experience who enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency, and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers.
Performs moderately complex technical tasks within a broad work-scope, and/or plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates project work for large work-scopes. Standard project assignments include conducting complex environmental investigation and remediation tasks that include scientific assessment and analysis, and/or managing tasks or projects. Prepares technical proposals and reports, in whole or in part, depending on the size and complexity of the document.
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management;
- Applies technical knowledge in the acquisition of information in the field or office and effectively communicates that knowledge to the project team;
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- Manages subcontractors or subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects; and,
- The position may entail approximately 60% office work and 40% field work on a variety of projects including industrial/commercial, State and Federal sites involving environmental contamination.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Prepares Remedial Investigation reports, Remedial/Corrective Action Plans, Remedial Action reports, and related documents;
- Prepares components of investigation and engineering reports including work summaries, data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, drawings and specifications, and report text;
- Will assist the Project Manager and team with ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations;
- Will work with the Project Manager on technical assignments and management on specific elements of the project (i.e., Task Management);
- Prepares technical evaluations and recommendations;
- Assists in planning of work scope definition and coordinates development of cost and schedule;
- Assists Project Manager with cost and schedule control;
- Organizes field work and assigns tasks and provides guidance to staff specialists (Field Task Management);
- Assists in subcontractor procurement;
- Self-implement or oversee implementation of remedial technologies through direct oversight or with assistance of junior level staff;
- Oversight of drilling activities (including DPT/Geoprobe, HSA and Sonic);
- Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions, and remediation system installations;
- Review of contractor submittals including equipment, Work Plans and QA/QC plans; and,
- Tracking payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in Geology or Hydrogeology or related field;
- P.G, or CPG preferable (or willingness to attain license);
- 3 - 7 years environmental experience including environmental site investigation and remediation;
- Competent in use of fundamental geologic skills necessary in completing Site Assessments
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), work experience with GIS or Auto CAD systems a plus;
- Work experience on Federal Performance Based Contacts (FPBC) and emerging contaminants (i.e., perfluorinated compounds) a plus;
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities;
- Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and clients and develop effective teamwork relationships;
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required;
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding states; Approximately 25% overnight travel;
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120;
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.