Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team in Springboro, Ohio.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Operates assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs daily maintenance checks of machinery for fluids, grease, etc.
- Ability to be fluid/smooth with the machine controls to cut ditches, slopes, grades, clear brush, shape and dress slopes and other earthmoving activities.
- Maintain grade by either communicating with a grade checker, using machine mounted lasers, or by use on machine mounted GPS as well as without the use of GPS.
- Ability to setup, set, and take down rotating laser equipment/base station.
- Must be able to read grade stakes, perform arithmetic, use scale ruler or other basic functions used to determine grade and read blue prints/plans.
- Must be able to endure a high production environment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate in tight, congested work areas with multiple other activities occurring immediately around the machine.
- Understands weight distribution affects stability; rated operating capacity.
- Understands the importance of safety, efficiency and productivity. Works efficiently with others on his/her crew.
Skills / Qualifications
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.