The HSE Specialist is responsible for supporting local management in establishing and continuously improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture within the worksite.
- Develop managers' awareness and ensure HSE policies and standards are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist line management with: Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE objectives; liaising with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assessing local risks; generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
- Advise management on corrective actions required.
- Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
- Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
- Advise management on the level local HSE compliance with Schlumberger, local and host country regulations.
- Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings and HSE audits.
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel through communication, training and promoting involvement in HSE programs.
- Recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Review QUEST to ensure that logged data is correct and up to date.
- Analyze HSE trends for the location.
- Minimum degree or masters (BSc/MSc) in Safety/HSE or equivalent.
- Possess NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent will be an advantages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related HSE field. Oil and gas and local authorities experience will be added advantages.
- Willing to be based in Makati City and travel for business at worksite, Onshore/Offshore.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and local language.
- Having light vehicle driving license, safety committee certificate, hazardous chemical specialist certificate, and RSO certificate level 1 or 2 will be added advantages.
- Has previously accreditation as Safety Officer/Practitioner in DOLE.
O Responsible to comply with the PH OSH Standards.
O Has knowledge on the OSH reporting requirements.
- Has a knowledge about DOE Circular No. DC2012-11-0009, otherwise known as the Renewable Energy Safety, Health and Environment Rules and Regulations. Preferably has a previous accreditation DOE Safety Officer.
- Has experience as a PCO - Pollution Control Officer mandatory by DENR EMB.
O Ensure to comply with respective EMB environmental rules and regulations such as Permit to Operate (PTO).
O Act as a liaison officer to DENR EMB and to keep abreast with the requirements of the Department
O Has good knowledge on handling hazardous chemicals and waste disposal in compliance to DENR EMB.
O Has knowledge on PMPIN, PCL, CCO.
- Preferably has a knowledge and experience on handling the PDEA (Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency).
O Will act as authorized signatory of PDEA
O Will be responsible on the application / renewal of the license
O Responsible on tracking the listed controlled chemicals and mandatory submission of reports to PDEA
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website