Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Schlumberger is developing the next generation of oil field software using Cloud-based applications, collaborative designs, traceability of jobs from design to execution and tools to review and mine historical data. Our developments will revolutionize the oil service business by combining our proven expertise in physics-based measurements and modeling with Cloud-based digital technologies to bring both efficiency gains and wider applicability of our technologies.
We are looking for software engineers to build the new generation of oil field software and join a diverse software development team that also includes experts in physics and numerical modeling. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will develop Cloud/web applications using the latest commercial and open source frameworks, develop shared components, back-end services and/or front end web interface. Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Own the design of one or more subsystems
- Develops server-side services to be scalable and secure by design
- Develops web front end usable on multiple form factors
- Ensures the solution is deployable, operable and secure by default
- Regularly interact with users or their representative
Skills and knowledge:
- Bachelors / Masters / PhD degree in computer science or engineering with software education. 3+ years of Full Stack experience, 10+ years software experience.
- Solid knowledge of Restfularchitecture and use cases
- Experience with Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge /experience/awareness in maintanability and testing
- Knowledge/expereince/awareness with performance tunning( monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience/awareness in web application architecture development
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Candidate must be able to legally work and reside in the US.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.