Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Wood 's Environment and Infrastructure business is looking to hire motivated graduates and current students to participate in our Summer Internship Program! Interns will work with engineers, architects, geologists, and other scientists on a variety of civil engineering, environmental engineering and/or environmental science tasks.
With over 100 offices across the US, Wood will match students with a location that best fits based on workload, expertise and interest. We are also open to remote working from anywhere across the US. We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, comprised of knowledgeable and skilled Architects, Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, and Data Visualization Specialists.
- Assist in development of proposals across a diverse client base, including scopes of work, cost estimates, and risk evaluation
- Assist in the performance of field engineering data collection, environmental sample collection, and site conditions, including application of technology to optimize quality and efficiency
- Assist in preparation of engineering drawings (2D and 3D), geologic cross-sections, and surface and groundwater models,
- Coordinating and scheduling of subcontractors
- Assist in compilation and refinement of data from a variety of sources
- Assist in production of technical reports
- Participating in preparation of presentations to project teams, regulatory agencies, and clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be entering Junior or Senior year and enrolled in an engineering, geology, or science-related undergraduate or graduate curriculum
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Interest in, and basic knowledge of, related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with staff in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel to projects/sites outside of office area
Please attached the following along with your application
- Written Introduction Bio (No longer than 1 page) - Tell us a little more about yourself! Be sure to include the below information:
- Why are you interested in Interning with Wood?
- What areas of focus are interested in pursuing after graduation (i.e. construction, water resources, remediation, Pfas, etc.)?
- Provide at least one explanation of a school assignment, project/field work, etc. that would be applicable to the work Wood performs.
- Describe any specific technologies, systems, or software experience/skills.
- Have you been involved in any community engagement, volunteer work, or environmental volunteerism?
- Describe any short- and/or long-term career goals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.