Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer for our Mountain Region Design Center. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, possessing a skill set for electrical design and project management. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for leading electrical engineering designs, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, low and medium voltage facility power distribution system design, switchgear, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, lighting systems, photometrics, data and communication systems, emergency and standby systems, and other related equipment for the Mechanical and Architectural - Infrastructure (facilities) Service Line. This position will also support the Electrical Service Line as workload allows.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Position is part of the Mountain Region Design Center. Candidate can sit in either Phoenix or Salt Lake City, and there is potential opportunity for remote working.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior staff
- Lead field teams during site data collection and inspections visits
- Data collection, coordination, analyses, report generation, and design development
- Effective communication with staff, and wood leadership
- Provide senior technical review and direction on project
- Coordination with other Wood offices
- Manage execution of quality deliverables
- Travel up to 30%
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration or ability to obtain registration
- Excellent communication skills and leadership
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office applications and ability to review and draft AutoCAD.
- REVIT MEP experience a plus.
- Minimum 9+ years professional experience
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty medical exam, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.