Skills: Process Control, Estimating
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood Applied Intelligence -Automation and Control - Manufacturing Automation business is currently recruiting an Estimator to assist with improving the estimating process and take it to the next level. The successful candidate will have Process Controls and Water/Wastewater experience. Candidate should also have a background in Instrumentation and Controls. This is a great opportunity for career advancement and to work for a valued supplier for municipalities.
- Prepares detailed estimates to meet customer requirements and company policies
- Prepare proposal documents and customer proposal forms, as required by customer request
- Assists with evaluation and improvements of company estimating process
- Prepares the feasibility/contract review form and schedule pricing review meetings when required
- Work with Project Management to establish budgets and coordinate scope to kickoff project when purchase orders are received
- Responsible for the follow up of proposals to determine status and obtain feedback about pricing, and to update the status of that proposal in the CRM system
- Must be able to travel for short periods of time to attend Bid meetings, Value Analysis Meetings, Pre-award Meetings and to assist the job startup/standby when requested
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred but not required if applicant has experience to demonstrate specific related technical knowledge and ability
- Must have 5+ years of experience in design and startup of electrical controls
- Process Controls experience is a must
- Experience with PLC and SCADA
- Strong understanding of P&ID drawings
- A uthorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.