Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Experience: 28 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
We have a career opportunity for a Junior to Mid-Level Environmental Geologist to join our Chicago and St Louis teams and work remotely in the Kansas City area. This individual will be approximately 70% in the field and 30% in the home office. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for advancement within a growing and dynamic environment while being mentored by senior staff.
Are you an Environmental Professional with 2 to 8 years + experience looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
- Will provide field and technical support on environmental and facilities projects, including site investigation, remedial investigation, remedial design, remedial construction and decommissioning and demolition services.
- Coordinate and complete field activities include soil borings, groundwater monitoring well installations, collecting soil, groundwater, surface water and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities
- Provide field and technical support for environmental investigations/remediation projects requiring drilling oversight, remedial construction and reporting
- Collect and interpret technical data. Prepare boring logs, tables, charts/graphs and figures
- Assist in writing work plans and reports in a concise technical manner
- Develop statements of work for subcontractors
- Provide support for Due Diligence activities (Phase I/Phase II Environmental Assessments)
- Complete specific defined tasks in accordance with industry standard practice or federal or state government regulations and guidelines such as Leaking Underground Storage Tank (UST), US EPA, CERCLA, RCRA, Tiered Approach to Correct Action Objectives (TACO), etc.
- May also have the opportunity to learn and participate in geotechnical projects.
- Will travel to project sites in IL and surrounding states. Approximately 20% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Geology , Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related technical degree.
- 2 to 8 years + experience of experience in the environmental field, preferably with an environmental consulting or engineering firm
- Must be a self starter with good interpersonal skills; capable of reviewing, interpreting and following plans and providing direction to subcontractors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Proficient in fundamental geologic skills: field notes, boring logs, contouring, graphing, lithologic descriptions and cross-sections
- Academic training or experience in hydrogeology a plus
- Ability to follow procedures and protocols for implementing data collection and other field tasks
- Ability to define and solve problems and ability to execute field tasks
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors collecting environmental information
- Willingness to expand skill set and work on projects/tasks outside the area of specialization
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in IL and surrounding states. Approximately 20% overnight travel.
- 40-Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations Training.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.