This position has the following responsibilities:
- Provide operational support to the project Material Management, Warehouse and Inventory management function.
- Ensure compliance with existing processes and procedures in materials management
- To provide support to stakeholders/internal customers, by proactively engaging them to understand critical requirements for business sustainability.
- Seeking for innovative ways to improve the day to day warehouse management functions for the overall advantage of SCM and the organisation at large.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Shall abreast him/her self with the Materials management processes and procedures and shall ensure compliance with same in the daily discharge of duties.
- Processing of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) generated by SAP and raised directly for further review by the Materials team Lead.
- Shall drive the process of material inspection of all delivered spare in a timely manner, and in line with the material receipt process
- Ensure the timely processing of material requisitions, work orders, e-mail requests, for issuance of requested materials/spare parts to the end users.
- Provide guidance to material officers and ensure that all project requests are treated with the urgency it deserves.
- Shall ensure prompt physical interface with the logistics team for all distribution matters for prompt pick-up and delivery of materials to project sites
- Ensure daily update of Bin cards and other store records for each material.
- Shall ensure the proper put away of materials in designated Bin / storage locations in the warehouse.
- Generate Goods Receipt Note (GRN) through SAP, for all materials received into the warehouse.
- Follow up with QA/QC to ensure that materials in quality inspection are moved to unrestricted use for ease of posting. Reporting all challenges in this regards to the Team Lead for further engagement of QAQC team.
- Carry out stock check on a daily basis to ensure stock accuracy and early detection of any error for quick correction.
- Participate actively in quarterly and End of year inventory count.
- Ensure that all the stores, warehouse(s) and stacking areas for spare parts are properly arranged, with good housekeeping always observed.
- Carry out physical confirmation of materials requested by end users before issuance or PR generation as may be required.
- Ensure real-time posting on SAP of all spare parts issued and confirm physical balance with SAP quantity.
- Ensure physical tracking/confirmation of recommended shelve life/expiry dates of materials to prevent obsolesce.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of material movement (issuance and receipt) for submission to the Team lead.
- Maintain list of obsolete materials and advise the Team Lead on a regular basis for disposal purposes.
- Any other duty that may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administrations.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Membership of any SCM related professional body e.g. CIPS, CIWMM, etc.
- 7+ years' experience in purchasing, materials management or indirect category management.
- Use of ERP (SAP knowledge will be an added advantage)
- Technical knowledge of Oil & Gas operational Materials is a must