Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Lead Planning Engineer to join our team in Staines. The role will require you to act as a focal point to ensure that the schedules and systems are integrated to measure, trend and forecast the work, and are in place and managed.
- Acts as Planning focal point for specific project scopes
- Review and maintain planning control structures are developed and maintained in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Review and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements
- Analyse and issue copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Analyse and issue copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Review and analyse updates to project plans and schedules
- Review and analyse updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and evaluate project performance in relation to planned performance
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Lead and participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- Practical applied experience in planning and scheduling
- Expertise on project controls and planning tools
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Team player with a willingness to share ideas with multi-disciplinary team members
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Good numerical, analytical and literacy skills with a strong attention to detail
- Possess good planning and organisational skills and be accustomed to meeting tight deadlines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.