Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Technical Buyer for a 6 month contract position, located Aberdeen
- Supporting the Supply Chain, the Technical Buyer procures all project related requirements in a sound, ethical manner and in accordance with requirements to assure on time delivery to the end customer.
- Will work to a budget set by Proposals and will look to negotiate all request for quotes to ensure we procure better than budget but not to the detriment of quality.
- Purchases items consistent with price, desired quality, and requirement date.
- Expedites orders to meet on time delivery from suppliers.
- Selects suitable sources, requests bids as necessary, evaluates quotation and makes final supplier selection.
- Verifies that Bill of Materials details are correct and complete and highlight to your immediate supervisor, any discrepancies.
- Negotiates pricing, lead times and terms, conditions and recommends best commercial options ensuring budgets are met.
- Capture and report to immediate supervisor any anomalies with BOM, budget vs actual costs, lead-times etc.
- Performs order expediting activities as required
- Liaises with Planning and Projects personnel highlighting any issues with achieving requested deliveries
- Establish and build good working relationships with suppliers
- Adhere to the Approved Vender supplier procedure with regards to setting up suppliers on our approved vender listing(AVL)
- Collate and prepare pre-tender documents to be issued to suppliers for specific tenders
- Compile and report Scorecards for allocated suppliers.
- To be trained on a variety of supply chain group activities to able to provide absence cover.
Required: Minimum 2 years' experience within purchasing
- Experience within working in a purchasing department on all tendering and purchasing processes
- Proficient at dealing with setting up suppliers on an Approved Vender Listing
- A good technical knowledge and experience of buying materials and services.
Skills / Training
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel packages
- Strong communication skills
- General office administration experience
- Keyboard and computer systems skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Familiarity with company business and systems.
- Familiarity with company Group products and services.
- Good presentation, communication and people skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods used in supply of products.
- Good teamwork.