Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join our Project Management team (PMT). Saudi Aramco PMTs are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to department. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multibillion dollar mega-projects, including: the Marjan Increment Program, the Crude Oil to Chemicals Program, the Gas Compression Program, the Berri & Zuluf Increment, and the AMIRAL Program.
Project Management Department manages and execute projects, usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Mechanical Project Engineer's primary role is to ensure that engineering design, procurement, construction, and project completion is done in compliance with the project contract requirements, i.e., project schedule, cost, HSE, and company standards and procedures. The Project Engineer's role also involves in some cases to review and study mechanical modifications to oil and gas processing/handling and utilities facilities. Occasionally called upon to design mechanical aspects of new facilities of the types mentioned.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
Design or study mechanical modification to oil and gas processing, oil and gas handling and utilities facilities.
Execute capital projects according to the work scope, schedule, and budget.
Responsible for project development and completion: Preliminary engineering to detail designs to construction and the final and safe turnover to proponent.
Manage General Engineering Services (GES+) design contractor activities, such as:-
- Design development of project proposal, include definition of project work scope and schedule requirements. Development of detailed estimate leading to funding appropriation and approval.
- Detailed Engineering.
- Manage contractor preparation of detailed design drawings, material specifications and procurement, and/or construction bid packages.
- Provide input to develop and prepare contracting plan and strategy for solicitation, evaluation, and award of contract for detail engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Coordinate activities and resolve issues among proponents, contractors, and other parties to allow construction activities to progress according to plan and finalize mechanical completion
- Review the project schedule, and coordinate and monitor the assigned project's progress, and challenge below par performance of the contractor.
- Review and resolve day to day contractors' claims and complaints related to the assigned project (mechanical) work during construction, and ensure HSE compliance
- Ensuring compliance to company standards, procedures, policies, and agreed work specifications.???????
- Fully understand contract documents (inclusive of appendices, drawings, and specifications), project execution plan, interface management, change management, construction sequencing, standards specifications, and project schedule, to support the project manager and/or company representative in the timely completion of project.???????
- Project Reporting and implementation of company initiatives during project execution.???????
- Use of company systems and tools, e.g., Sharek, CRM, and SAP.???????
- Upholds engineering ethics and maintain high standards of professional behavior and conduct.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university; a higher degree is preferred. Ideally a Professional Registered Engineer.
You will have 7 years of related experience, preferably in the oil industry or similar process industry working in the engineering design and construction phase of projects.
You should have experience in the support of both small and large scale capital projects.
You will be familiar with International Engineering Codes and Standards.
You will have excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings.
PMP Certification is desirable but not mandatory.
Work experience in the GCC, Saudi Arabia, or Saudi Aramco is a plus.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.