The Design / Technical Engineer
is responsible for assisting the PSD team to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable product and service delivery for our customers. The Design / Technical Engineer develops and delivers optimized technical job designs for the area of responsibility. This person identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of service delivery and formally communicate findings, and supports the Product Line in risk management and apply lessons learned to improve job design. The Design / Technical Engineer provides real-time support to PSD operations as required, and is responsible for the COSD (i.e. resource consumption). Roles & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Develop Technical Job Proposal
- Create Engineering Design
- Validate Event Investigation
- Develop technical job designs as required for the Product Line.
- Identify areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Provide technical support throughout the service delivery process.
- Understand and communicate value of technology and interpretations.
- Consult with relevant subject matter experts as required to optimize the technical design.
- Support the OU PSD and/or PSD Manager in the execution phase with design changes as required due to changes in job dimensions, resource availability, service quality incidents, etc.
- Assist in incident response, recovery, and incident investigation.
- Support multiple Product Line operations in a collaborative optimized job design.
- Assist sales and commercial team in evaluating technical viability and tenders.
- Analyze job execution vs. design and formally capture design improvements and optimization opportunities (lessons learned and best practices).
- +5 years of engineering experience in completions (Core & RMC)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Computer skills
- Alaskan Resident Preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.